25 Jan 2013

Killer Chocolate Cookies


Firstly let me apologise for the poor picture quality, my husband dropped my camera and now it won't turn on, so I had to take it on my webcam!! It's my birthday in 3 weeks, I'd better be getting something black and clicky! (take note hubby!!)

I've always wanted to be able to make those scrummy melt-in-the-mouth chocolate cookies they bake in the supermarkets. Now, thanks to a domestic goddess, I can!! WOO HOO!!

Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson's "Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies" click here for Nigella's recipe and instructions.

Ingredients

125g dark chocolate
150g plain flour
30g cocoa powder (sieved)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
125g soft butter
45g Dark Brown soft sugar
80g white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium egg (cold from the fridge)
100g dark chocolate chips 
100g milk chocolate chips
100g white chocolate chips


  1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. 
  2. Melt the dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
  3. Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
  4. Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl.  
  5. Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
  6. Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. 
  7. Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
  8. Scoop out 12 equal-sized mounds ~ I used an ice-cream scoop as advised by Ms Lawson.
  9. Place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. DO NOT FLATTEN THEM.
  10. Cook for 20-25 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again.
  11. Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.
These cookies are exactly what I've been aspiring to for years and now I have the know-how. I'm soo excited!!! So are the family.

I hope you enjoy these as much as we have. 

xx Kat xx

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make those kind of cookies too...especially the choc ones in greggs! your look yummy.
    I wish I could make these....but I get scared they will be raw and bake them too long so no soft cookie for me. yours look soft in the middle, got any tips for me?
    I love the title of your blog + header. I've just started my blog if u wanna check it out (whispers..myb even follow, the cheek of me lol)
    http://mycupcakehabit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cupcake Girl, thanks for your comment.

      TBH I always baked mine too long also, so I gave myself a telling off (something to do with growing some balls) and stuck to the timings on recipes and kept checking my own creations.
      ET VOILA spanking cookies were created! :-)

      I've checked out your blog...very nice. ! can't follow you though as you haven't got the button...

      xx Kat xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks,I will try and stick to the recipe and hopefully I get the same results as u. Thanks,....i have now added the follow me button, if u wanna have another go. Appreciate it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...